GROW IT: Plant in dry, light soil. Needs sun.
Thyme tea provides many medicinal uses. Simply add a few leaves to boiling water and let it set for 2 minutes before drinking.
Fill a bottle loosely with leaves picked at midday. Add whiskey or vodka and place in the sun for 14 days.
- A powerful antioxidant as well as an antiseptic.
- Drink a tea made from lemon thyme to treat colds before bed. The tea helps treat chest infections by clearing mucus and soothing air passages. In cases of pneumonia it is helpful to drink some every hour.
- Thyme tea can be used to disinfect cuts and bruises
- Thyme tea can help treat fungal infections such as yeast infections, athlete's foot and ringworm.
- Thyme tea helps fight intestinal parasites, upset stomach and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Fight styles, conjunctivitis (pink eye) by creating a compress with a cloth soaked in thyme tea
- Increases the flow of urine
- Thyme tea helps relax and soothe muslce cramps
- Women will especially benefit from thyme tea as it helps relieve menstrual cramps and PMS symptoms, and helps prevent miscarriages
- Thyme tea helps promote sleep by lowering cortisol levels