GROW IT in a sandy soil in full sun
- Gargle with a broth made from a quarter-cup of leaves (and cooled) to relieve sore throat.
- Sage tea is used to soothe mouth, throat and gum inflammations. This is because sage has excellent antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Some people find relief for asthma by inhaling sage
- Sage tea has a calming effect and can be helpful in treating insomnia and for relieving headaches
- Sage tea is valued in its ability to dry up mucous in treating colds and flu
- Sage tea is used to relieve menstrual cramps, night sweats, hot flashes and to help dry up milk when nursing is stopped and for vaginal discharge.
- Sage tea is touted as a highly valued treatment for memory loss and to improve concentration
- Add a couple of pinches of dried sage leaves to 1/4 cup of boiling water. After it cools is can be used as a rinse to treat dandruff.
- Soak a cloth in sage tea and make a compress to relieve bug bites and reduce swelling
- Great for flavoring meats